Here’s an outline for telling your story for Marketing Purposes
This is one of my favorite (NO, not just ’cause it’s easy…okay, maybe it is) things to do with the web 2.0 social marketing websites. You just introduce yourself and tell the world you’ve arrived. Tell a little about yourself, just enough to let them relate to you.
Here quickly state your name and what you do or what you have created. By doing this you are immediately putting in the listener/readers mind that you are an expert. Eg. Hey my name is Dan Dimit, and I am the co-creator and co-author of http://www.thefreetrafficformula.com
1. Your beginnings. Lots of people can relate to where you were born, how you grew up, family life, etc.
2. Problem: State the problem you had. How you struggled, etc.
3. Outcome: How you overcame your problem and have achieved the results you have.
Obviously that is a very basic outline but this gives you plenty of room write your story.
Some important tips to remember while writing your story:
1. Add emotion to your story – different people respond better to different aspects of a story.
Some people prefer to hear (auditory). Others prefer visual so explain the surrounding (visual). Others prefer when you talk about the emotions (Kinesthetic)
2. Be yourself – tell the truth, do not lie in your stories. Let your personality shine through. The more specific situations you have, the more chances for your potential prospects will have to relate to you.
3. Trial and error – Story telling is not always easy. Continually edit and practice your story. Keep rewriting it, let others read it, get feedback from them. It is well worth the effort.
4. Tell the story in your own words – Tell the story the way you would speak, think, and act.
Overall, storytelling will help you relate to people and build relationships. They feel like they know you just by telling them your story. Your story is like no one else’s, but certain parts will seem like those of others and you’ll find common ground. Take the time to write your story, then tell it…people will listen.
Stories motivate and inspire people to do amazing things.
What do you mean you haven’t grabbed our free training yet?? Get up there to the left and get yourself some results in advance.
Please take a sec to bookmark this post below.
Posted: October 5th, 2008 under Generating Free Traffic with Web 2.0 and Social Marketing, MSM (My Story Marketing): A Free Traffic Technique.
Tags: Generating Free Traffic with Web 2.0 and Social Marketing, help with my story marketing